Posted by admin | Posted in National Express Saga, News, Strike | Posted on 12-08-2009
We are again pelased to be able to bring you a full update into the happenings for the next strike due to take place on the 13th and 14th August on NXEA services.
As a result of industrial action by National Express East Anglia (NXEA) members of the ASLEF and RMT unions, most NXEA services will not run on Thursday 13 and Friday 14 August. A number of Saturday services will also be affected.
First Capital Connect and NXEA will be accepting NXEA advance booked tickets and period return tickets Standard/First Open Return, Saver Return) for reasonable routes up to one day either side of the strike days (i.e. on Wednesday 12 August and Saturday 15 August). However, please note there will be no acceptance of cross-London tickets on London Underground on other days for people who could not usethem on the strike days.
First Capital Connect is planning to operate a normal service during the days of the strike, however there may be some short notice alterations, cancellations and/or short-formed services due to train stabling arrangements at Cambridge.
NXEA management staff will be on duty in customer service and operational roles at Ely and Cambridge to allow services to operate from these stations.
Additional FCC service: The 06:54 FCC Ely to King’s Cross service will start from King’s Lynn at 06:22, calling additionally at Downham Market at 06:33 before arriving to Ely and continuing at the normal time to King’s Cross.
Overview of NXEA services on affected days
A limited train service will operate between:
- Stansted Airport and London Liverpool Street
- Southend Victoria and London Liverpool Street
- Norwich and Colchester and London Liverpool Street
In addition to the first week’s arrangements, there will be:
- Some extra services between London Liverpool Street and Broxbourne
- 3 additional trains during the day to / from Colchester to / from Norwich connecting into the services from London
- 1 morning peak train (07:04) from Cambridge to London Liverpool Street
- 1 evening peak train (17:26) from London Liverpool Street to Cambridge
What NXEA is advising customers
- Customers are free to travel on these limited NXEA services, but should consider staggering their journeys as the services will be very busy
- Customers travel at their own risk – NXEA accepts no liability in regard to consequential costs (i.e. taxi/hotel bills).
- Any seat reservations on NXEA services on either of the strike days can no longer be guaranteed.
- NXEA aims to run these services to the maximum number of carriages, however there is likely services will be extremely busy.
- Customers are strongly recommended to spread their journey times.
Additional bus services
Buses will run on both days from Liverpool Street to/from Harwich International direct as outlined below. Priority will be given to customers with ticket reservations for the Stena Line Ferry.
- Depart Liverpool Street 06:25 Arrive Harwich International 08:10
- Depart Liverpool Street 20:38 Arrive Harwich International 22:23
- Depart Harwich International 07:10 Arrive Liverpool Street 08:55
- Depart Harwich International 20:40 Arrive Liverpool Street 22:25
Ticketing arrangements and ticket acceptance
Selling tickets for NXEA journeys on the day(s) of the strike should be limited to those customers whose journeys are absolutely necessary (i.e. to connect with flights). All NXEA restrictions on tickets will be lifted for the dates of the strike.
Station and Revenue Protection staff are requested to endorse all tickets that are used by customers on the days of the strike with ‘Strike Advised’ to minimise fraudulent refund claims.
Where applicable, customers may travel on other TOC services with their NXEA / usual ticket where a reasonable alternative route exists.
From parts of Essex:
• NXEA tickets are valid on c2c services from Southend to London.
• NXEA car park Season tickets will be valid at c2c stations on a first come, first served basis.
From parts of Suffolk, Norfolk, Cambridgeshire and Hertfordshire:
• NXEA tickets are valid on First Capital Connect services between King’s Lynn, Ely and Cambridge to London.
• East Midlands Trains services from Norwich to Ely. London Tickets from NXEA stations that are North, East or West of Cambridge and Ely are valid to King’s Cross on FCC services.
• Cross Country services from Ely and Cambridge to Stansted Airport.
London buses and London Underground will be accepting Travelcards and season tickets only; other passengers should buy appropriate bus or Underground tickets or use Oyster pay as you go.
In addition to these arrangements:
• Tickets with a starting point or destination as ‘Hertford Stations’ or ‘Enfield stations’ are valid on FCC services as a reasonable route.
• Travelcards are valid as long as the journeys made are within the zones on the ticket.
• Point-to-point season tickets and daily tickets that are not within the areas listed above are not valid on FCC services. An example would be a customer who holds a season ticket from Whittlesford to Tottenham Hale. This ticket would not be valid from Royston to Finsbury Park.
• Passengers should be advised to purchase an FCC ticket for the journey being made and claim a strike day refund on their ticket from NXEA.
• NXEA parking permits will not be accepted in FCC car parks. NXEA passengers must purchase a car parking ticket and be advised to claim a refund on their NXEA parking permit from NXEA.
NXEA-dedicated tickets will be accepted NXEA will not be selling NXEA-dedicated tickets for/on the days of the strike. However, some may have been sold before the strike was announced. These tickets should be accepted.
FCC will deal with applications for refunds in the normal way, though additionally we should offer refunds for any NXEA Advance tickets valid for the strike days. Note this means an admin fee should be charged. However NXEA are advising that they will waive the refund admin fee for up to a week following the strike, so you can advise customers that they may wish to go to NXEA directly to claim a refund.
NXEA customers whose season tickets are not accepted on FCC services should be advised to purchase the ticket required to make the FCC journey and claim a “strike day” refund through their normal NXEA station.
Additional pre-advised NXEA service alterations
The Industrial Action will also affect some services on Wednesday 12 August and Saturday 15 August.
Wednesday 12 August
18:43 Lowestoft to Liverpool Street service will terminate Colchester at 20:48.
19:46 Peterborough to Liverpool Street service will terminate Colchester at 21:48.
Thursday 13 August
Please note; 06:05 Cambridge to Norwich service will run on Thursday ONLY.
Saturday 15 August
06:38 Liverpool Street to Peterborough service starts from Colchester at 07:38.
06:58 Liverpool to Ely starts from Cambridge at 08:20.
07:38 Liverpool Street to Lowestoft service starts from Colchester at 08:38.
The following Saturday services have been CANCELLED:
05:30 Norwich to Sheringham
06:22 Sheringham to Norwich
05:36 Norwich to Great Yarmouth
06:17 Great Yarmouth to Norwich
06:08 Cambridge to Norwich
06:27 Ipswich to Felixstowe
06:56 Felixstowe to Ipswich
05:58 Liverpool Street to Cambridge
06:28 Liverpool Street to Cambridge
04:25 Cambridge to Liverpool Street
05:21 Cambridge to Liverpool Street
04:10 Liverpool Street to Stansted Airport
04:40 Liverpool Street to Stansted Airport
05:10 Liverpool Street to Stansted Airport
05:25 Liverpool Street to Stansted Airport
05:55 Liverpool Street to Stansted Airport
06:55 Liverpool Street to Stansted Airport
05:30 Stansted Airport to Liverpool Street
05:15 Bishops Stortford to Liverpool Street
05:30 Bishops Stortford to Stansted Airport
05:42 Liverpool Street to Hertford East
06:09 Hertford East to Liverpool Street
05:15 Liverpool Street to Cheshunt
05:45 Liverpool Street to Cheshunt
06:01 Cheshunt to Liverpool Street
06:31 Cheshunt to Liverpool Street
05:28 Liverpool Street to Enfield Town
06:00 Liverpool Street to Enfield Town
06:22 Enfield Town to Liverpool Street
06:52 Enfield Town to Liverpool Street
06:03 Liverpool Street to Chingford
06:48 Liverpool Street to Chingford
07:03 Liverpool Street to Chingford
07:18 Liverpool Street to Chingford
07:33 Liverpool Street to Chingford
05:10 Chingford to Liverpool Street
05:25 Chingford to Liverpool Street
See revised Saturday morning timetable for more information on altered services
between Liverpool Street and Chingford, Enfield Town, Hertford East, Stansted
Airport and Cambridge.
We thank again our industry sources for this information and welcome any information which can be sent in confidence by visiting out contact page from the main site.